Sports Injury, Osteoarthritis
Osteopathic treatment can help and hasten recovery from sports injury, and non sports related injury, to a muscle or joint. We can also help if you have had an operation on the knee, hip, ankle, foot, elbow or shoulder.
Common sports injuries that respond very well to Osteopathic treatment include:-
- Tennis or Golfers elbow (same problem just occur on different sides of the elbow) which occurs when the tendons that attach the forearm muscles to the elbow become inflamed and sore.
- Painful knees from running, cycling, football or just walking. Knee pain may be from a specific injury or even just appear for no apparent reason but prevent comfortable activity. Also we can help with rehabilitation from knee surgery.
- Horse riders and cyclists do fall off – some more than others! If you are stuck in the pedals and fall sideways (as well as being a bit embarrassed) you may get a painful hip or jar the back. Even if you have just got a few bruises and cuts but still feeling stiff after a few days, it’s better to have treatment sooner rather than leave it too long, as you will recover faster.
- Twisted ankles, sore calf muscles, shin splints, groin strain are all common football, martial arts, rugby and running injuries.
- All throwing sports involve explosive shoulder movements which can sometimes result in repetitive strain in the rotator cuff muscles and tendons. Treating these strains early can reduce the time out of playing sports, and help prevent recurrence.
Osteoarthritis is wear and tear and can be as a result of an injury or simply normal life! But there’s no need to put up with pain and stiffness.
Our Osteopathic treatment aims to help the body heal itself by restoring joint movement, improving blood flow and helping to reduce pain and inflammation. Advice will also be given for rehabilitation and strengthening exercises.
As we get older and stiffer regular osteopathic maintenance treatment can keep those aches and pains at bay, so you can keep active whatever age – so no excuses book in today!